- Meet with adviser(s) early. March and October are Advising months.
- Review your degree evaluation through your SDSU WebPortal account regularly to make sure you are on track to graduate on time.
- Register for classes on your assigned date and time in your SDSU WebPortal account. Pay your fees prior to registering.
- Make sure you are in the right classes prior to the Schedule Adjustment Deadline (the tenth class day of the semester).
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships each year.
- Take classes during summer session to get ahead and graduate early.
- Check your e-mail regularly for important messages from SDSU.
- Get involved in a student organization(s).
Freshman (0 - 29 semester unit)
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Attend New Student & Family Convocation
- Take part in the Weber Honors College
- Visit the Academic Advising Center
- Begin career planning by contacting Career Services.
- Participate in a Student Success Pathway
Sophomore (30 - 59 semester units)
- Complete General Education and Preparation for the Major courses.
- Visit your major adviser to plan your upper division course schedule.
- Visit the Academic Advising Center to prepare for Junior level requirements.
Junior (60 - 89 semester units)
- Transfer students attend New Student Orientation.
- Take the REQUIRED Writing Placement Assessment (WPA).
- Study abroad if desired (begin planning during sophomore year).
- Gain work experience through an internship.
- Participate in undergraduate research.
Senior (90 or more semester units)
- Confirm your schedule with your major adviser.
- Obtain a copy of your degree evaluation through your SDSU WebPortal account to make sure you will qualify for graduation.
- Apply to Graduate.
- Visit Career Services or talk to your major adviser about job opportunities or graduate school.
- Attend a career fair on campus.