Virtual Academic Advising
Virtual academic advising sessions are available to assist SDSU’s undergraduate students with academic questions regarding General Education, progress towards graduation, course planning, and understanding the advising tools and resources.
Virtual Academic Advising Sessions
Monday–Thursday, 8:30–11:30 a.m. and 1–4 p.m.
You do not need to schedule an appointment to attend a Virtual Academic Advising Session. Meet with an adviser virtually by following the steps below:
- Log in to your SDSU Zoom account using your SDSUid. Select Join and enter Meeting ID: 293-603846.
- Once you are signed in, you will enter the Virtual Waiting Room.
- Upon entering the Virtual Waiting Room, please test your audio and ensure you have connection to audio and video. You will need to be able to hear and speak to the adviser.
- Academic advisers will meet with students in the order in which students enter the Virtual Waiting Room. You will meet one-on-one with an adviser once an adviser becomes available.
Virtual Academic Advising Tips
- Select a quiet location where you are comfortable sharing your academic information.
- Log in to your SDSU WebPortal on your personal computer or device and access your degree evaluation. Please have a copy ready for an academic adviser to review with you. If you are not a current, continuing student or you do not have access to a degree evaluation for reasons such as majoring in more than two majors, we will still be able to assist you. However, the academic adviser may need to schedule a follow up session if more time is needed to review your record.
- Depending on your questions, and if more time is needed, the academic adviser may schedule a follow up session with you to ensure all of your questions are addressed.
- If you have applied to graduate, please contact your graduation adviser. If you do not know who your graduation adviser is or if you do not have their contact information, please email [email protected] and we will provide their information to you. Please include your first and last names and RedID in your email.
- The wait time may vary depending on the time of the year. We will do our best to keep you informed of the expected wait time.
- If you are experiencing audio issues, refer to the Zoom support page.
- If you are experiencing difficulties with your SDSU zoom account, refer to SDSU's Zoom support page.
Thank you in advance for your patience and joining us for virtual academic advising.