Virtual Academic Advising
Virtual academic advising sessions are available to assist SDSU's undergraduate students with academic questions regarding General Education, progress towards graduation, course planning, and understanding the advising tools and resources.
Virtual Academic Advising will be on a walk-in basis during the following days. During
this time, we will not be advising by appointments and will resume Virtual Academic
Advising Appointments on February 3.
To access Virtual Academic Advising on the dates listed above, log in to your SDSU Zoom account and enter the following meeting ID: 828 1533 4138. Once you are signed in, you will enter the Virtual Waiting Room. Due to the increased advising demand with the start of the spring 2021 semester, the wait time may be extended. We will do our best to keep you informed of the expected wait time.
Virtual Academic Advising Appointments
To meet with an Academic Adviser virtually, schedule an appointment by following the steps below:
- Log in to your EAB Navigate application using your SDSUid and password.
- Once you are signed in, you will select the blue Get Assistance button.
- You will go through a series of questions that will direct you to the appointment page to see an academic adviser. The advisers in the Office of Advising and Evaluations can advise on the following services: Academic Probation, Academic/Personal Challenges, Changes to Schedule, Class Scheduling, Degree Planning, General Education, Graduation Progress, Selecting a Major, Study Abroad Advising, Transfer Credit/Evaluation, University Academic Policy and Procedures. If you are in need of advising for your major, you will need to contact your major adviser.
- For optimal availability, leave the Staff Member category blank and select Next.
- You can review availability for the current week or select the following week using the arrows. Appointment availability is set up on a two week rolling basis. Choose a time that works with your availability and select Next to confirm your appointment. If you wish to add your questions to the Comments section of the appointment, it may help our advisers prepare for your appointment.
- If you are a former SDSU student and do not have an SDSUid, please email [email protected] with your name, RedID, and appointment request with day and time availability to set up an appointment.
Accessing Your Scheduled EAB Navigate Appointment
- On the day of your scheduled appointment, log in to your EAB Navigate application and review your Upcoming Appointments information.
- You will see the Zoom meeting link within the details of your scheduled appointment under URL.
- Be sure you are logging in to the Zoom meeting with your SDSU Zoom account.
Virtual Academic Advising Tips
- Select a quiet location where you are comfortable sharing your academic information.
- Log in to your SDSU WebPortal on your personal computer or device and access your degree evaluation. Please have a copy ready for an academic adviser to review with you. If you were a previous student or you do not have access to a degree evaluation for reasons such as majoring in more than two majors, we will still be able to assist you.
- If you have applied to graduate, please contact your graduation adviser. If you do not know who your graduation adviser is or if you do not have their contact information, please email [email protected] and we will provide their information to you. Please include your first and last names and RedID in your email.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance to allow the availability for another student to access the advising time. To cancel your appointment refer to your upcoming appointments in EAB Navigate and follow the steps to cancel.
- If you are experiencing difficulties with your SDSU zoom account, refer to SDSU's Zoom support page.