- Register for classes on your assigned date and time. Pay your fees prior to registering.
- Make sure you are in the right classes prior to the Schedule Adjustment Deadline (the tenth class day of the semester).
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships each year.
- Take a summer session class if desired.
- Check your e-mail regularly for important messages from SDSU.
- Get involved in a student organization(s).
Freshman (0 - 29 semester unit)
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Attend New Student & Family Convocation
- Take part in the Weber Honors College
- Visit the Academic Advising Center
- Fulfill any remediation requirements based on your ELM/EPT scores.
- Begin career planning by contacting Career Services.
- Participate in a Student Success Pathway
Sophomore (30 - 59 semester units)
- Complete General Education and Preparation for the Major courses.
- Visit your major adviser to plan your upper division course schedule.
Junior (60 - 89 semester units)
- Transfer students attend New Student Orientation.
- Take the REQUIRED Writing Placement Assessment.
- Review your degree evaluation on the SDSU WebPortal to make sure you are on track to graduate on time.
- Study abroad if desired.
- Gain work experience through an internship.
- Participate in undergraduate research.
Senior (90 or more semester units)
- Confirm your schedule with your major adviser.
- Obtain a copy of your degree evaluation to make sure you will qualify for graduation.
- File for graduation as early as possible.
- Visit Career Services or talk to your major adviser about job opportunities or graduate school.
- Attend a career fair on campus.